Following the issue of the Guidance Notes on the Recognition of Digital Assets as an asset-class for investment by Sophisticated and Expert Investors by the Financial Services Commission (FSC) on 17 September 2018, the FSC has now issued a new regulatory framework in relation to the Custodian Services (Digital Asset) Licence, effective 01 March 2019.
This regulatory framework positions Mauritius International Financial Centre (IFC) as the first jurisdiction globally to offer a regulated landscape for the custody of digital assets. Holders of the Custodian Services (Digital Asset) Licence will equally have to comply with the applicable framework for AML/CFT, in line with international best practices.
HOW MITCO CAN HELP?
- Assist with company set up
- Assist with the application of the Custodian Services (Digital Asset) Licence with the FSC
- Assistance with the recruitment process and payroll of professionals
- Assistance to find an office in Mauritius
- Assistance for occupation and residence permits
For more information on the Custodian Services (Digital Asset) Licence, we invite you to contact your relationship manager or the business development team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone them on the + 230 404 8000.