Introduction of a Registration Certificate for Food Processing activities
The following are qualifying criteria for the Registration Certificate:
a. A company that has started its operations on or after 8 June 2017 and is running a food processing plant for food processing activities and for the manufacture of products from agricultural and medicinal plants and herbs either as intermediate goods or finished products;
b. The process of producing the goods should involve a value-addition of not less than 20% of the ex-factory costs of the finished product;
c. Goods intended for export are required to satisfy the rules of origin of preferential markets; and
d. At least 50% of the final goods manufactured by the company should be exported after 2 years as from the date from which the company starts its operation.
Registered certificate holders benefit from the following:
- Income Tax Holiday for 8 years of operation;
- Exemption from payment Registration duty and land transfer tax for the purchase of immovable property; and
- Exemption from payment of Value Added Tax (VAT) on equipment and machinery.
HOW MITCO CAN HELP?
- Assistance with the set up of the Domestic Company
- Assistance for preparation of the necessary documents for application for Registration Certificate
- Submission of the application to the Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Follow up with the EDB
- Provision of company secretarial and administration services
- Provision of accounting & tax services
For more information, please contact:
The Business Development Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone them on + 230 404 8000.