The Financial Services Commission of Mauritius joins the Global Financial Innovation Network (GFIN)
In a communiqué dated 19th August 2020, the Financial Services Commission (FSC) announced that they are now a member of Global Financial Innovation Network (GFIN). Through, this membership, the FSC Mauritius is reinforcing its commitment to financial integrity, consumer well-being and protection, financial inclusion and financial stability.
GFIN was formally launched in January 2019 and it is a network of 38 organisations which is committed to support financial innovation in the interest of consumers.
The main objectives of GFIN are as follows:
- To provide a more efficient way for innovative firms to interact with regulators;
- To create a framework for co-operation between financial services regulators on innovation related topics, sharing different experiences and approaches
The three main functions of the GFIN are:
- To act as a network of regulators to collaborate and share experience in emerging technologies and business models
- To provide a forum of joint policy work
- To provide firms with an environment in which to trial cross-border solutions