MAURITIUS INTERNATIONAL TRUST COMPANY LIMITED (“MITCO” or the “Company”), which forms part of the finance cluster of the CIEL Group, is one of the oldest and well established Management Companies in Mauritius and provides advisory, structuring, set-up, administering, company secretarial, compliance, professional outsourcing and back-office services to its clients.
Have a look at our Life Pages: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cielgroup/life
MITCO is currently looking for a high caliber accountant for the post of Client Accountant.
Reporting to the Manager - Client Accounting, the selected candidates will be responsible for all bookkeeping and accounting for a portfolio of clients, under the supervision senior member of the team.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and financial statements for investment holding companies and ensure that proper accounting records are kept and up to date;
- Maintain accounting records and prepare all financial reports in accordance with IFRS format on an accounting software (like ViewPoint, or Quickbooks, etc) and Spreadsheet;
- Monitoring and manage receipt of necessary information for its accuracy and completeness;
- Assist and liaise with clients to keep them up to date regarding accounting and audit matters under guidance of a senior client accountant;
- Prepare income tax computation and submit tax returns within the prescribed deadline;
- Assist auditors on statutory audit and other related issues;
- Preparation of accounts for Trust companies;
- Ensure that the accounts are finalized within the timelines as set by the client and MITCO.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Finance/Accounting coupled with ACCA (Partly-qualified)
- 3 years of working experience in an accounting role preferably as Client Accountant
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be a team player
Location: Ebene, Mauritius.
Management reserves the right to call only the best candidates for an interview. If you have not received any communication after the deadline, feel free to call us for any query.