Manager - Client Accounting
MAURITIUS INTERNATIONAL TRUST COMPANY LIMITED (“MITCO” or the “Company”), which forms part of the finance cluster of the CIEL Group, is one of the oldest and well-established Management Companies in Mauritius and provides advisory, structuring, set-up, administering, company secretarial, compliance, professional outsourcing and back-office services to its clients.
Have a look at our Life Pages: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cielgroup/life
MITCO is currently looking for a seasoned professional for the post of Manager - Client Accounting.
Reporting to the Head of Client Accounting, the selected candidate will be responsible of an allocated portfolio of Clients and in managing a team of Accountants.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, set and manage the deadlines of the allocated portfolio of clients in accordance with the agreed calendar;
- Ensure overall quality of bookkeeping, financial statements, management accounts, Taxation (direct and indirect), payroll and other financial reports are up to required standards at all times;
- Liaise with clients to ensure efficient delivery of output and client service expectations;
- Review VAT returns and any other relevant tax returns for clients as prepared by Team Leader / Senior Accountants / Accountants / Assistant Accountant;
- Review and delegate appropriately the work of the team and provide guidance;
- Pro-actively liaise with the appointed auditors and Administrators to complete the audit of financial statements in accordance with defined timetables;
- Monitor, control and balance the workload of the team;
- Communicate effectively with the Client Administration team to ensure they are aware of deadlines and expectations in terms of timing.
What are we looking for?
- ACCA fully qualified and a post graduate study is desirable;
- At least 8 years of experience in the Finance Industry or Accounting/Auditing experience within or with exposure to the Domestic entities environment is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience of accounting for a range of structures (with a particular emphasis on domestic) is desirable;
- Proven people management skills with 3 years of experience at management level;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook and accounting software;
- Excellent written and spoken English and French.
Location: Ebene, Mauritius.
Management reserves the right to call only the best candidates for an interview. If you have not received any communication after the deadline, feel free to call us for any query.