August 22, 2019
THE INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY BILL – MAIN CHANGES
The main objectives of the Bill are as follows:
- To expand the scope of protection of industrial property to cover utility models, layout-designs of integrated circuits, breeder’s rights and geographical indications;
- To bring together under one enactment the provisions of the law relating to the protection of industrial property rights namely, patents, utility models, layout-designs of integrated circuits, breeder’s rights, industrial designs, marks, trade names and geographical indications;
- To enable Mauritius to accede to the Patent Cooperation Treaty, for the filing of international patent applications, the Hague Agreement concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs and the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks; and
- To set-up of an Intellectual Property Council to ensure coordination among the public and private sectors in the formulation of intellectual property policies and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
HOW MITCO CAN HELP?
- Advise and implementation of structures in relation to activities pertaining to IP
- Assistance for registration of the Company with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) and application for the License from the Financial Services Commission (FSC)
- Provision of company secretarial & administration services
- Provision of accounting & tax compliance services
- Assistance for application and registration of the IP rights with the relevant authorities.
For more information, please contact your relation manager and the Business Development Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone them on + 230 404 8000