June 17, 2021
National Budget 2021/2022 - Hospitality Sector
- As from the 15th of July 2021, Mauritius will be open to all vaccinated visitors for resort tourism. A tourist will be allowed to leave the hotel after 14 days with a negative PCR test
- As from the 1st of October 2021, subject to preconditions being met, all vaccinated tourists with a negative PCR test will be allowed on the Mauritian territory without any restrictions.
- The Mauritian Government are preparing for a gradual and sustained recovery of the sector aiming at 650,000 tourists over the next twelve months
- A total amount of Rs 420 million is being allocated to the Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority (MTPA) to promote Mauritius in France, Reunion, UK, Germany, Italy, South Africa and China
- The Economic Development Board will set up a special desk aiming to attract at least 50,000 foreign retirees in Mauritius during the next financial year, through a targeted marketing campaign in collaboration with MTPA.