The Africa Roundtable of the World Alliance of International Financial Centres (WAIFC)
The Government of Mauritius has agreed to the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) among the Economic Development Board (Mauritius), Enterprise NGR (Lagos Financial Centre), Casablanca Finance City (Morocco Financial Centre) and Rwanda Finance for the setting up of an Africa Roundtable of the WAIFC.
The objective of the MoU will include:
- strengthening the competitiveness of financial centres in Africa;
- joint collaboration on projects, research papers, communiques and events to position the African Continent, to demonstrate the myriad of investment opportunities, and to showcase the strategic role which financial centres play within the African Continent;
- engaging in joint initiatives to support the exchange of best practices between members, with a view to enhancing visibility both regionally and internationally, and to providing African financial centres with a unified voice;
- facilitation of the development of dialogue with major financial centres outside the African Continent; and
- building communication channels with African institutions including regulators and policy makers, as well as African financial services industry associations and advocate for regulatory coordination amongst members of the Africa Roundtable of the WAIFC to promote cross-border investments and financial services.